London Women’s Forum
Terms and conditions of website usage
Who are we and how do you contact us
Welcome to londonwomensforum.org (“the website”), operated by the London Women’s Forum (“us” or “we”). We are a Limited Company by guarantee with registered office: London Women’s Forum, Suite 1, 3rd Floor, 11-12 St James’s Square London SW1Y 4LB
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
By using our website you accept these terms and conditions
If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy and cookies policy govern London Women’s Forum’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
We amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms and conditions to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply at that time.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use
We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our website is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password or other security information, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not rely on information on this website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties make any representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, whether the information or materials are up to date or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
How you may use material on this website
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the below:
- This material may be protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms and conditions of use, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- You must not use our website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You are not permitted to copy or use any trade mark on this website without approval of the relevant trade mark owner.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to, disrupt, damage or interfere with our website, the server, equipment or network on which our website is stored, any software used in the provision of our website or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
Links to websites
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without London Women’s Forum’s prior written consent.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the website. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our website do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
Uploading content to our website
You must not use our website to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must comply with those Content Standards (see below).
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the Content Standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
You must not transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
London Women’s Forum will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from [NAME OF COMPANY], if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our website, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by the website.
When you upload or post content to our website you grant other users to whom that content is visible, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content for their purposes and in order to make use of the functionality of the website.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These terms and conditions of use, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.